Thursday, July 7, 2016

Colors Talks Louder Than Words by Ayoka Thompson

 
Creativity does not tell you when its coming, it just comes. so finally I had time to take a break from my usual workflow I literally work 24hrs a day... the slogan is "I am never not working"
even on Sundays... to cut the long story short. one of my models contacted me for a collaborative shoot... we talked about the idea... it was gonna be at the beach... initially I had white in mind he then went on to get all the colors of the rainbow except a few. Not bad, if you knew me well, I can be quite sarcastic, I said "we are gonna shoot guru maraji style o" but I kept my mind open... when the time came... I said to myself you know what? lets do this... we were supposed to use a beach... but since I got free all of a sudden, I decided to go to Ikorodu... I insisted on using a mud house since the colors we working are distinct and all vibrant... the trick is to find contrast between your subject and the floor. We found one and begged to use the place and boom! Magic happened!
I had all the help I needed, from my three lovely musketeers, Desmond 3, Tobi 3 and Godswill 5 (check out their picture on my Ig later) who were helping me to hold the light stand to Dekunle who battled with the wires and getting electricity into the strobes. 

Photography: @AyokaThompson
Models: @cokonnaya @larryhectornutty
Assisted by: @goldenrock_photography
Location: Ikorodu, Lagos.





                            








1 comment: